Club Night Diary 4th Dec

West City Darts Club Night 4th Dec 2020
Warm night, good turnout, music playing in the background – lets play some darts. Read on…

As we practiced, getting ready for the games to kick off Elvis was in the background on the radio. I always think an Elvis song would be a good walk-on tune – but which song?

Anyway, I was drawn in a pretty tough group tonight, it was going to be a challenge. But I was sure my Burning Love for darts would get me through. 

First up was Lisa Roden. In the first leg she hit a 171. With a bit of a Shake, Rattle & Roll I managed to come out on top though; 2-1. 

Geoff Koster was next up. Straight off I thought Don’t be Cruel because he was pinging the T20. Before you know it I had lost 0-2. I was All Shook Up

Then came my mate Mike F Day. He was up for this. I knew he was because tonight he was wearing his Blue Suede Shoes. He should have worn his Crocs because that’s how he played as I saw him off 2-0. 

Still a hill to climb though because my fourth game was that old Hound Dog Mike Day. I gave him a fright in the deciding leg being on a double to win, but mean Mike was not about to Love Me Tender taking out 132 on the bull. 

I needed my last game against Heemi Johnson to qualify. Its Now or Never. I was off my game, compared to how I threw against Mike in the previous game, and Heemi didn’t give me a look in. I was not going to be in tonight’s 'mail' of the qualifiers. It was Return to Sender for me. 

As it happened MFD didn’t make the KO Rounds either. So, into the Consolation we went. 

The Consolation KOs are one game of 701 so you don’t get a second chance if you are off. 

Our Co-Club captain Raewyn seeing me stood there on my own asked "Are you Lonesome Tonight?" 

I said Nooo, I’ve just got a bye in the first KO round. 

Round two and I was drawn against one of the newer players, Michelle. After I dispatched Michelle I could see there were some Suspicious Minds amongst the other players that I might be a Consolation Round burglar. 

I was through to a Semi-Final against Colleen Cooneen. MFD had won his Semi. It was Always on My Mind that I could meet MFD in the Consolation Final. 

But it was Heartbreak Hotel for me. Colleen beat me fair and square; she is a tough cookie and came from behind to win this. 

MFD went on to take out the Consolation and the bragging rights between us, even though I had beat him in the main qualifying. He kept telling me he was the King. But I said "have you been living under a Jailhouse Rock; everybody knows Elvis is the King". 

As we made are way out of the clubrooms somebody yelled out "Elvis has left the building". I think it was MFD. He was still pretty pumped. It was only the Consolation, but a win is a win, I guess.

Sorry no official results have come through to me this week and below is all I have. Thaank You Very Muuch.

FINAL

Frank Riddell bt Gary Boyland 3-2 (Frank hit 2 x 180 in the Final)

Comments