Club Night Results Nov 26th

West City Darts Club Night 26th Nov 2020
Last week it was Wonderland for some and Neverland for me. But much can change in a week. Read on... 

Whooohooo, I made the semi-finals this week 😆, before being dumped out by a rampant Ken Moir 😝. So in reality the night was more like the TV comedy 'Last of the Summer Wine'. 

Hello! - this is West Auckland so it’s probably more like 'Last of the Summer Lion Red'. 

Anyway, in keeping with that theme, me and my two mates, MFD and Frankie, usually head off to a board at the end of the room for a bit of practice before the night's competition kicks off. We practise and talk about the usual things, like the good old days and how good we used to be. In MFD’s case he used to be pretty darn good. In Frankie’s case that’s how good he still is and in my case it’s how good I’d like to be sometime… maybe. 

And of course, we talk about Nora Batty. If you don’t know who that is, you really do need to watch ‘Last of the Summer Wine’. 

I will wait while you catch up on YouTube...

...

There you go.

We practise darts and talk a lot, but these days it’s a little bit muffled through the Covid masks. Hey, its the new Norm. There he is, the new guy down at the club Norman. Hey Norm how are you going? 

Although I do get sick of hearing about the new Norm people are talking about all over the place. I’ll be talking to somebody or other and they say “hey it’s the new norm!” But as quick as I can spin around Norm has disappeared. 

I’ll be glad when new Norm is old Norm and people stop talking about him. Seriously.

Back to the 'Last of the Summer L&P' (the bar has now completely run out of Lion Red). 

In the break between qualifying rounds and the knockout rounds we three oldies (remember - me, MFD and Frankie? Wish I could remember instead keep having to look at my notes) meet up again and talk about how many 180s we have hit tonight. Í would like to get just one so that I could join in the banter. To compensate I bring the conversation back around to Nora Batty. 

Then we are all distracted. Hey, it’s the new Norm. Just passed by us. That guy is everywhere. 

Soon the night is over, and we make our way outside to the car park for a bit more darts gossip before heading off home.  The West City Club returns to its slumber until the next night of action comes around, or the next episode of ‘Last of the Summer Waikato Draught’ – jeez, who is re-stocking the bar for goodness sake? 

Maybe I’ll see you there again next week if I’ve managed to recover from the copious amounts of summer wine I've drunk tonight so I could write this, cheers

Not sure what all that had to with darts, but to make sure there is some relevance, here are some results…

KO Rounds

1st KO Round

Steve Hanley bt Mike F Day

Frank Riddell bt Mike McLeod

Lee Myers bt Charlotte Holloway

Ken Moir bt Colleen Curreen

Mike Day by Jack Mitchell 

Charles Shiers bt Mike O'Grady

Byes: Gary Boyland and Mike Radford

Last 8

Steve Hanley by Gary Boyland

Frank Riddell bt Lee Myers

Ken Moir bt Mike Day

Mike Radford bt Charles Shiers

Semi Finals

Frank Riddell bt Steve Hanley

Ken Moir bt Mike Radford

Final

Ken Moir bt Frank Riddell


180s

Ken Moir 3, Mike Day 2, Steve Hanley 2, Mike F Day 1, Mike McLeod 1

100+ Finishes

Mike Day 106, Gary Boyland 104

Comments