CLUB NIGHT RESULTS 24th Sept

West City Darts Club Night Results 25th Sept 2020

First night back post 2.5 Level Lockdown and subsequent move to Level 2 (for Auckland that is) and a fairly good turn out. 

There wasn't a throng of players or a buzz as you might expect with the opportunity to play at the club again, but maybe there is a bit of a Malaise-20 going around as it is hard to get enthused when we could be plunged back into Level 3 or even Level 4 at a moments notice 😒. 

 

As one prominent West City player remarked, when we were talking, "what's the point of practicing - there are no tournaments on anywhere at the moment" (for privacy reasons I can't name Mike D)...

As I only get the results from the club and not much else in the way of news, the results blog post usually ends up being a review of my darting efforts, unless something noteworthy comes to my attention, while I am playing on the night. 

Guess what? Nothing noteworthy, so here we go.... (read on or search YouTube for hilarious videos if you are already bored with my ramblings)

Despite no club nights, or competitions for that matter, to practice for, I have been practicing at home. So much so that I felt I was getting better. However that was quickly dispelled in my first game. Couldn't stay consistently straight. But my opponent Rob was having his own trouble, I've seen him throw a lot better. I pulled off the win though. 

Next was Tony Lee. I couldn't match Tony's scoring, but at least he is someone to set my sights on. I need to be at his scoring level, at the very least, to be able to say I am improving. New nickname for Tony.. Tony "The Benchmark" Lee.. mmm kinda works for me - for now.

My third game was Glenn Holt. I dispatched Glenn, again without scoring well. Think these lockdowns have left a lot of players a bit rusty. I needed one more to qualify. 

Next was Lloyd Watters. We both struggled but LW must have oiled up his darts with a bit of lawn mower oil, because he turned out to be less rusty than me. Lost that one, along with any reasonable mood I might have been in 😡.

One to go, one needed. Colleen Curreen next. 

The games score between us has been pretty much tied lately. I chalked one of her games tonight and saw her take out 82 with a bull finish, so I couldn't underestimate her. 

One leg to me. One leg to Colleen, 1-1. 

I need the next leg to qualify for the KO rounds. Colleen was already qualified. Found a bit of scoring in the leg and I was through. Job done. But not happy, my scoring overall had been woeful.

On to the KO rounds. 

Gary Boyland was my next challenge, the current 180 King. 3 tonight to go with the 6 the last time club night was played. I couldn't stay with him in the scoring and I was out 0-2. 

All this lockdown practice has seemingly been to no avail. Playing on my own on the spare bedroom dartboard is totally different from playing at the club. More noise, more going on, people interaction and maybe a tiny bit of pressure to perform, in my own head at least.

Hold on, I've used the term "at least" at least 3 times in this blog post. Damn, now that's 4 times. How am I going to fit in practicing my blogging skills as well as my darts. Okay not expecting much change in my next club night performance then. You can check back next week - if you are interested..

And if you are really interested, get down to the club on Thursday and have a go.

Oh... before you do head down just check that the PM hasn't put us into Lockdown Level 2.666 (Beelzebub made me type that I'm sure 😈) or some other half pie level that prevents us opening. See you there.

KO Rounds Results

West City Darts Results 25-09-20  
 
180s and 100+ Finishes
 

Comments