Club Night 06 August 2020

30+ Players on the Oche tonight, a heap of 180s scored and a 170 finish to boot ! It's white hot play down at West City these days.

Got a bit distracted tonight while writing up this post, too wrapped up in watching an on-fire Warriors spank the Manly Sea Eagles 26-22, although it was a bit squeaky bum time towards the end. 

Where was I? 

Oh yeah. Back from the heat of the NRL to the red hot cauldren of West City Darts (at least that's how it feels when I'm sweating on a double 😥). 

Won't mention my play this week, although I think I just did? My play could be described as smouldering, I guess.

Moving on, I chalked a last 16 game in which Gary Boyland smoked Tony Sturm 2-0. He took the second leg out with 201 in 5 darts - 180  |  5  |  D8. 

Anybody that had gone outside for a quick smoke missed some good games. 

Gary B progressed through the quarters and semis, firing in the 180s, but ran into the smoking hot Mike Day* in the Final. MD took out his second club night in a row. 

*Don't get me wrong. MD's darts are smoking hot. Himself he's not that good looking. 

Just saying. 

Wouldn't want you all thinking I am blowing smoke up his ass. 

Can I post that? Complaints to the Editor please.

Oh by the way I had smoked fish for dinner before the darts. Come on, what else would I have had - honestly?

That's this week's club night report. See you all next week when I'm planning to be on fire ! - Not literally !

Note: 

Think the fact that I was feeling a bit chilly tonight may have inspired the post. Certainly feeling a bit warmer now 😅.

  

KO Rounds Results

180s and High Finishes

 

Comments