My Favourite Darts Video

West City Darts - Phil taylor's throw
This has to be my favourite darts video of all. I have probably watched it half a dozen times, every now and then going back to watch again.

I never get tired of it.

It is of course the darts master himself - Phil Taylor - in super slow motion. You could not get a more detailed study of his throwing action than this.




I have tried to copy various throws over time, Taylor, Gary Anderson, van Gerwen, but at the end of the day I think you have to settle on what is comfortable for you and suits you body.

After all people are different heights, have different bicep shapes and length, different forearm lengths and different size hands and fingers, etc., etc., so one certain style could not possibly suit everybody.

Once you find a technique that works for you stick with it and then refine one bit at a time.

You could ask who am I to give any advice, what have I won?

I can say I have studied actions a lot especially of the Pros on TV so I do have an opinion on what works in a dart throw, but in saying that I think players should always question what works and what doesn't for themselves.

Which brings me back to Phil Taylor. He never settled for winning that first World Championship. He always strived to improve, to stay ahead of the pack... and look where that got him 😏

And hey, all comments are welcome... as long as they are decent !

Comments