Club Night Results 30 July 20

West City Darts Club Night 30th July 2020
Another good turnout tonight and some competitive darts thrown. Here is the lowdown...

Some of the club's top dogs were on deck tonight, Mike Day, Ken Moir, Frank Riddell...

Also some of the smaller dogs, Gary Boyland, Patrick Shannon, Tony Sturm, Geoff Koster...


There was even a little show Poodle there, Tony Lee 😝.

Me? I was a bit of a Shih Tzu (or something sounding similar). Only 5 players in our group. I lost all 4 games and even the Bye I had was a hard game ! The consolation round was my reward. Nuff said.

All the same, the rest were having a go. Willie Nelson and Dolly Parton were playing. On board 14.

I least I think they were, I didn't have my glasses on. I'll avoid the "Should have gone to SpecSavers" joke.

Or maybe it was the music playing in the background that was influencing what I thought I saw. Anyway the radio was adding to the atmosphere. West City may not be the PDC with its raucous crowds but there is still a bit of a hum on club night.

My old foe Patrick "Swayze" Shannon was quietly making his way through the games, very effectively. So much so that I'm not sure I should mention our names in the same sentence anymore. He is on a different level to me right now 😡.

The last eight was looking pretty solid and some good match ups were on the card.

Hey isn't that Mick Jagger playing over on board 5 ???

Damn that radio.

The Rolling Stones "I can't get no satisfaction" has a new significance for me tonight. Trust me, successive scores of 43, 41, 45 and 41 was not very satisfying or likely to get me in the KO rounds this week or next !!!

A Big Dog semi final saw Mike Day oust Ken Moir and the other semi saw "Swayze" put "The Poodle" in the dog house.

West City Darts Final 30 July 2020
Mike Day v Patrick Shannon Final 

I stayed for the final. Patrick was 2-1 up in a best of 5 but with both players a bit hesitant on the doubles MD grabbed the next game for 2-2. Mike was off to a flyer with a 180 and a 140 (or was it 100 -"Should have gone to MemorySavers") in the first 6 darts of the decider. Job done as he closed out the leg, proving he is maybe the Top Dog?

That's all for this week folks. See you at the Dog Pound next week?

KO Rounds Results

West City Darts Club Night Results 30 July 2020

180s and High Finishes

West City Darts Club Night 180s 30 July 2020

Comments