Who likes Chalking?

I've only met one person that openly admits to like chalking (scoring). I won't name him or her as I'd rather they 'outed' themselves.

What I would like to challenge is the habit of vacating the West City club premises as soon as you have been knocked out of the night's competition. I think it is in the spirit of 'club' participation that those knocked out chalk the next game or at the very least make sure you are not needed to chalk the next game.

Few like this aspect of the game but I think it is respectful to those still in the competition that they can rely on the fact that some one will be available to chalk. It is embarrassing for the remaining players to almost beg for somebody to take up the scoring, which sometimes does happen. And there are the odd few who I am sure feel almost obliged to chalk even though they weren't one of those just knocked out, but because they are left behind and didn't realise everybody else, except those still playing, had scarpered.

So 'Lets Unite in Chalking' - for the sake of those left playing, lest they have to play and chalk. And what kind of a Semi or Final would that be, especially if you were in it?

Comments