Club Night 4th June 2020


West City started up again last night with COVID-19 guidelines in place to ensure social distancing was maintained as much as possible. There was also hand sanitiser on hand to mix in with the chalk left on your fingers after scoring. In my case that seemed to improve my grip and hand sanitiser could be a part of my darts kit even when the lockdown is all over 😁.

The night attracted around 23 players which was a good turn out under the circumstances.

With the 'Usual Suspects' on deck there was some keen competition with most everybody striving to get back in the grove. With not much to mention that stood out amongst the night's play, I concentrated on my darts with social distancing still in mind. I consistently threw 41 to make sure my two darts that were in the same bubble stayed distanced from the other dart. Managed to get through the qualifying group with with this strategy, but come the KO rounds it failed me, beaten by Patrick Shannon 3-2. This put Patrick into Level 8.. oops, I mean the Last 8 (damn Corona Virus strikes again while I am typing this - that's Corona as in Lager Mr Club President, please don't ban me from next week 😳)

For the record the final was taken out by Mike Day, well done Mr President and Runner-Up Deon!

FINAL
Mike Day 3 Deon Toki 1

Comments