Club Night 25 June + Shield Team

West City Darts Club Night 25 June 2020
Another really good turnout with 30+ players. Sorry no full result details to hand.

Some new faces and old faces. If you think you can play darts come on down !

The final team was announced for the Renee Stacey Shield Challenge v Ohaupo on Sunday.


In no particular order:

Monte Tahua
Mike Day
Tony Lee
Patrick Shannon
 Harrison Donegan
Deon Toki
Mike O'Grady
Gary Boyland

To fill out the page I'll continue the Dirty Dancing Darts saga - Me v Patrick "Swayze" Shannon.

Dirty Dancing Darts III

Yes we were drawn against each other again, and its not rigged !

I knew I was in trouble this week before we even bulled up at the oche. I wasn't feeling right. A huge cheese and bacon burger with wedges (and I mean huge, home made not a flat, sad McD) before I left home was weighing heavy on my mind, or some other part of my anatomy anyways.

I was struggling to throw two darts straight, never mind all three.

Despite an encouraging text from my manager and coach, Mike F Day (F because there are two Mike Days at West City for those that don't know), it was always going to be an uphill battle.

And so it turned out, 0-2. I was never in it.

Not to take anything away from Swayze. He throws a consistent dart, pretty much a treble every three darts. Don't know if Swayze can make clay pots or surf but the guy can throw. And its causing me to think about practicing 3 hours a day for when we next meet.

I was starting to pick up a bit later on and scraped through to the KO rounds again with a clutch D2 finish (no I haven't missed a 0 off the end of that D2 !) against the old warhorse Jim Hennah, 2-1. Phew !

I was in the KOs and so was Swayze. Another chance?

Unfortunately not to be. Swayze went out to Monte Tahua and I eventually went out, after beating Colleen Curreen, to an impressive display from Big Dave (sorry Dave will have to get your last name for next time)

Anyway enough about me... again. On to the real darts that everybody wants to know about.

Doh !  I left before the final of Deon Toki v Gary Boyland was played so don't know who won the night.

I had more important business. I'd played hard and so the effect of my huge burger meal had worn off. I could hear the call of some left over wedges and cheese between two pieces of toast calling me from afar. See you all next week lads and lasses 😋

Go the boys against Ohaupo ! Game On !


Comments