Club Night 11th June 2020

A good turn out of around 35 for the 11th June 2020 BC (Beyond COVID-19) Club Night. Deon Toki made a second final in a row and as other favorites fell by the wayside Steve Hanley also won through to the final from the other side of the KO draw.

With no other results info to hand I'll use this space to reflect on my own performance... again 😎. Sorry!
The group qualifying went to plan - apart from running into Patrick " Swayze" Shannon for the second week running. His back and forwards 'Dirty Dancing' swagger between the oche and the board had me mesmerised so much I can't remember if I lost 1-2 or 0-2. All I know is that my effort was a 'Ghost' of what I can do, fortunately for Patrick. Anyway after beating me this week and last, I'm sure he now thinks he is on a 'Point Break' wave of wins, but surfers always bomb out sooner or later so I'm planning to be on that bomb out wave when it happens - riding to victory over "Swayze" (does that make me Keanu Reeves? - I'll settle for that 😁)

Okay, maybe I did spend too much time watching old movies during lockdown...

Onto the KO rounds - here I lost again at my first game, 1-2 to Deon Toki. I'll take the positive of losing to the eventual winner from this loss.

FINAL
Deon Toki 3 Steve Hanley 0

Footnote: the final was closer than the 3-0 scoreline suggests

Comments