Tuesday, April 29, 2014

New Poll Started...

I have started a new poll on the right hand side of the blog - "What's your favourite type of competition". I admit that I do like straw polls to see where the consensus lies on a subject (even though it is unscientific) and I usually can't resist voting myself if I come across one on another website.

This poll was sparked by the number of Pairs competitions that seem to be a favourite in New Zealand. Not sure if Pairs is as prevalent in other countries, but it certainly is here. I guess this may be due to the fact that it can involve all (men, women, youths, juniors, good, bad and average players) and if you pick or are drawn with the right partner it means everybody can get a chance of some glory, and it is more social perhaps because of this. My only glory in winning a night's Final at West City was in a drawn pairs (thanks Emma Heavey !), so that probably bears out the theory of having a better chance somewhat :)

Having said that, I prefer Singles for the fact that you have rely on and test yourself more if you do want to achieve a result

Anyway, I will be interested to see what people vote for in this poll, so go on have a vote...

0 comments:

Post a Comment