Sunday, March 10, 2013

Book Review

There doesn't seem to be a great deal of books out there on darts compared to other sports like rugby, cricket and soccer, however I have read a few over the last couple of years. One that I read recently was "The Crafty Cockney : The Autobiography of Eric Bristow" [written by Paul Carter]. 


He re-traces his life through his playing career with its many ups and downs as well as travels. In my view he tends to use a bit of poetic license to fill out his stories with one typical example being his description of flying into Auckland on a darts trip to this part of the world several years ago (you'll have to read it to see what I mean). Plus his tales are littered with his drinking exploits and the often funny outcomes. He even touches on the dartitis that inflicted him in his later playing years. All in all though an interesting read for anybody who loves darts, even though some of his tales I found myself taking with a grain of salt. His book can be loaned from Auckland Libraries so you don't have to shell out any cash to read it... if you live in Auckland that is !

0 comments:

Post a Comment